Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vitaly Tskhovrebov
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
That's because I created this yum repo file myself, as this host
cannot have access to internet. Also, I mirrored yum.postgresql.org
into my network so box can access it, no mystery here. Enable=3D0 that's
why switch is needed.

Of course you have this dependency shown as you already have openssl
1.0.1e installed. But should you try to list them on machine with
lower version - it will never mention you need 1.0.1e at all.

--
Vitaly Tskhovrebov
+1 (914) 433-7683

On Dec 6, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> w=
rote:

> On 07/12/13 06:36, Jeff Frost wrote:

ion of openssl that's present in 6.4. If the user is on 6.5, it will still =
match, and not be a problem.

>>> I don't get it, on my centos 6.4 box, yum pulled in the new openssl aut=
omatically.    I wonder if the OP's system wasn't properly configured with =
RHN.

>> Well, the issue seems to be specific to RHEL, but if you look way back i=
n the thread, I actually spun up a RHEL6.4 instance on EC2 and it happily i=
nstalled the new version of openssl when I did "yum install postgresql92 po=
stgresql92-server postgresql92-contrib", so I'm not entirely sure why it's =
broken for some folks on RHEL6.4, but not others.

> Yes, I did the same thing myself (RHEL 6.4 on EC2), and the dependencies =
are all satisfied, including libssl from the 6.*5* series.

> I note that Vitaly's original message has a strange (to me) looking optio=
n in his dependency check - he did:

> $ yum deplist --enablerepo=3Dpg92 postgresql92-server-9.2.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x=
86_64

> Whereas on my EC2 VM I can do:
>
> $ yum deplist postgresql92-server-9.2.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
> package: postgresql92-server.x86_64 9.2.6-1PGDG.rhel6
>  dependency: libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10)(64bit)
>   provider: openssl.x86_64 1.0.1e-15.el6
>   provider: openssl.x86_64 1.0.1e-16.el6_5
>
> i.e no enablerepo switch seems to be needed. Also following the instructi=
ons from
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ does not give me a repo =
called pg92, but pgdg92:

> $  yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: amazon-id, rhui-lb, security
> repo id                                   repo name   status
> pgdg92                                    PostgreSQL 9.2 6Server - x86_64=
    297
> rhui-REGION-client-config-server-6        Red Hat Update Infrastructure 2=
      4
> rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases          Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server=
 11,994
> rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases-optional Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server=
  6,847
> repolist: 19,142
>
> It would be interesting to see what Vataly's machine thinks its yum repos=
 are, and exactly what he did to set them up.