Re: help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/10/2013 06:57 AM, Chris Curvey wrote:
> [...]

At this point I would be more worried about the above, 'no connection to
server'.

>      Command was: --
>
> -- PostgreSQL database dump complete
>
> –
>
> Which I find really odd, because I specified –no-owner –no-privileges
> –no-tablespace

--no-owner does not mean that ownership is not set, just that the
ownership from the source database is not carried over.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

-O
--no-owner
Do not output commands to set ownership of objects to match the original
database. By default, pg_restore issues ALTER OWNER or SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION statements to set ownership of created schema elements.
These statements will fail unless the initial connection to the database
is made by a superuser (or the same user that owns all of the objects in
the script). With -O, any user name can be used for the initial
connection, and this user will own all the created objects.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com