Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From OpenMacNews
Subject Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory"
Date
List pgsql-general
hi joel,

> It looks to me like you are attempting to mount a few volumes under /var?

actually, no.

i'm symlinking local volumes mounted where they're supposed to be, in /Volumes,
to ny /var/sub-hierarchy.

> I think that's going to wrinkle your handkerchief in Darwin.

it's all been settled, actually (thread's discontinious ... sorry).  turns out
it was the perms/ownership of the actual mount dir /Volumes/XXXXX that were
the(my) problem.

cheers,

richard