Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs  ("Erik Rijkers" <er@xs4all.nl>)
List pgsql-general
On 09/04/2013 10:17 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 09/04/2013 10:13 PM, Marc Balmer wrote:

>>> A big elephant, and 2 smaller elephants.
>>> A big elephant, and lots of increasingly smaller elephants.
>>> A Mummy & Daddy elephants, with baby elephants.
>>>
>>> To represent that PostgreSQL now replicates?
>>
>> If it represents that PostgreSQL replicates, the elephants must be of
>> the same size.  We don't loose any data.
>>
>> But I like the idea.  With replication as the motto, we can sell two
>> mugs instead of one...
>
> well - these days we can actually do cascading replication. which opens
> up even more possibilities..

So it needs a design which combines more than one mug into some kind of
artwork? That would be awesome - who can design this?

And for the family of elephants - how can we make sure it's not similar
to what we used before?

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group