Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 08/29/2013 09:42 AM, bsreejithin wrote:

> The performance test that was conducted was for 1 Hour.
>
> There are 6 transactions. 2 DB inserts and 4 SELECTs.
> Every 2 minutes there will be 4 SELECTs. And every 3 minutes there will be 2
> DB inserts.

This shouldn't be a problem with proper hardware and a connection
pooler. The concern isn't the 1000 sessions, it is the creating and
destroying in rapid succession of 1000 connections. A connection pooler
will resolve that issue.

Sincerely,

JD

--