Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 29/08/13 13:14, bsreejithin wrote:

> I am *expecting 1000+ hits to my PostgreSQL DB* and I doubt my standalone DB
> will be able to handle it.

OMG! 1000 hits every year! And "hits" too - not just any type of
query!!!! :-)

Seriously, if you try describing your setup, what queries make up your
"hits" and what you mean by 1000 then there are people on this list who
can tell you what sort of setup you'll need.

While you're away googling though, "replication" is indeed the term you
want. In particular "hot standby" which lets you run read-only queries
on the replicas.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd