Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date
Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context  (Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>)
Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context  (Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/23/13 8:38 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2013/8/22 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
>> I like the idea, but I think this should be a new verbosity level.  With
>> this patch you would have to go full VERBOSE just to debug PL/pgSQL code
>> with NOTICEs and DEBUGs in it, and that output then becomes harder to parse
>> with the useless C-code information.
>>

> do you prepare patch ?

I should have the time to produce one for the September commitfest, but
if you (or anyone else) want to work on this, I won't object.

My opinion at this very moment is that we should leave the the DEFAULT
verbosity alone and add a new one (call it COMPACT or such) with the
suppressed context for non-ERRORs.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja