Re: patch adding new regexp functions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch adding new regexp functions
Date
Re: patch adding new regexp functions
List pgsql-patches
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> I've obviously misunderstood the scope of the TODO because it appears
> that an INSERT into pg_type at creation time for compound types that
> looks something like the below would do it.  What have I missed?

There are a couple of issues.  One is that we probably don't want two
pg_type entries for every single table.  Will you be satisfied if only
CREATE TYPE AS ... makes an array type?  The other is that, at least at
the time they were written, the array support routines couldn't handle
composite array values.  Things might or might not be easier today;
I don't think we had record_in and record_out in their current form
then.

            regards, tom lane