Re: Interesting case of IMMUTABLE significantly hurting performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Interesting case of IMMUTABLE significantly hurting performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 08/14/2013 11:52 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> If I understand, a used IMMUTABLE flag disables inlining. What you see,
> is SQL eval overflow.
>
> My rule is - don't use flags in SQL functions, when it is possible.

Interesting. I knew that was the case for STRICT, but am surprised to
hear it's the case for IMMUTABLE as well. That seems ...
counter-intuitive. Not to mention undocumented as far as I can see.