Re: How to create read-only view on 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: How to create read-only view on 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/13/2013 11:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
>> If you earlier used views for granting limited read access to some views
>> you definitely did not want view users suddenly gain also write access to
>> underlying table.
>
> Unless you'd explicitly granted those users insert/update/delete privilege
> on the view, they wouldn't suddenly be able to do something new in 9.3,
> because no such privileges are granted by default.  If you had granted
> such privileges, you don't have much of a leg to stand on for complaining
> that now they can do it.

Ah, ok.  I hadn't gotten to the testing phase yet.

I think we should have a script available for revoking all write privs
on all views and link it from somewhere (the release notes?), but I
don't see any need to change anything in the release.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.