Re: Google Doc Camp - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Google Doc Camp
Date
List pgsql-docs
(2013/08/06 5:15), Steve Atkins wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 09:41 -0700, Steve Atkins wrote:
>>> For real newbies a major hurdle is getting the server up and
>>> a user / database created, so a platform-specific "actually getting
>>> up and running" prequel tutorial would also be a big improvement.
>>>
>> I agree.  The real gap we have are platform-specific getting-started
>> tutorials.  All the tricky initial steps are very platform specific.
>>
>> These tutorials could be put into the wiki initially.
>
> I started. https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Opinionated_OS_X
>
> What I'd really like to see would be some Windows-specific
> stuff (as the Windows-newbies seem to be way more confused
> than anyone else and I don't think it's their fault).

I have a Windows tutorial, which is based on the EDB One-click
installer.

http://www.uptime.jp/ja/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Installing_PostgreSQL_9_2_on_Windows.pdf

This is a step-by-step guide, from downloading a binary
to connecting PostgreSQL from PHP, with lots of screenshots.

This is written in Japanese so far, but I guess I can translate
and contribute it if someone can review my English.

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp>
Uptime Technologies, LLC. http://www.uptime.jp