Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove code that attempted to rename index columns to keep them - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove code that attempted to rename index columns to keep them
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Does this mean this TODO items should be modified to remove the index
> name mention?

>     Add ALTER TABLE RENAME CONSTRAINT, update index name also

No, that has nothing to do with this.

We already have ALTER INDEX renaming the associated constraint, so
I'm not sure how important the TODO item really is.  But if someone
were to do it, we'd certainly want the other direction to keep them
in sync too.