Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Disabling ALTER SYSTEM SET WAS: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters
Date
In response to Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Stefan,

> thinking more about that - is there _ANY_ prerequisite of an application
> that can be completely reconfigured over a remote access protocol and
> solved the reliability and security challenges of that to a reasonable
> degree?

Good question!

I also think that, given the issues raised in discussion of ALTER SYSTEM
SET, we should poll a bit of the wider community.  I'll put something up
on my blog, unless someone can think of a better way.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.