Re: Website Redo Kick Off - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From dmp
Subject Re: Website Redo Kick Off
Date
Re: Website Redo Kick Off  (dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net>)
List pgsql-jdbc
In the last week I have evaluated the reduced list of tools for creating
the new website by installing, using, and reviewing the documentation. A
selection has been made to use Jekyll.

The reason largely based on the two goals outlined in the initial thread
and user responses.

Goals:

1. Make the Site Easier To Maintain.
2. Allow Others to Contribute/Manage the Updates.

Jekyll met those requirements better than the other options, Twitter
Bootstrap was removed, because it is not a site generation tool as
pointed out by feedback.

The plan is to change the site to match the existing style of the
postgresql.org site. As I begin this process of creating the scripted
site I will post updates for review to:

http://pgjdbc.ourbigsky.com/

danap