Re: Partitions not Working as Expected - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Partitions not Working as Expected
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 06/27/2013 12:08 PM, Igor Neyman wrote:

> Doesn't have to be hardcoded.
> If executed as dynamic sql, it will be re-planned properly, e.g.:

Well yeah. That's not really the point, though. Aside from existing
code, hard-coding is generally frowned upon. Our devs have been using
CURRENT_DATE and its ilk for over six years now.

So now I get to tell our devs to refactor six years of JAVA code and
find any place they use CURRENT_DATE, and replace it with an ORM
variable for the current date instead.

At this point I wonder why CURRENT_DATE even exists, if using it is
apparently detrimental to query execution.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870