Re: PostgreSQL settings for running on an SSD drive - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: PostgreSQL settings for running on an SSD drive
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 06/20/2013 03:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Did you compare setting RPC to 1.0 vs. setting it to 1.1, or something
> else just slightly higher than SPC?

Yes, actually. My favored setting when we were on 8.3 was 1.5. But
something with the planner changed pretty drastically when we went to
9.1, and we were getting some really bad query plans unless we
*strongly* suggested RPC was cheap. I was afraid I'd have to go lower,
but 1 seemed to do the trick.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870