Re: SQL editor view, Add favourite disabled - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Marc Cooper
Subject Re: SQL editor view, Add favourite disabled
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 18/06/13 22:33, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 22:19 +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:

>>> It's disabled if you have no text in the query textbox. AFAICT, that's
>>> the only reason explaining why it is disabled.
>>
>> Well, clearly I have a query that I'm trying to save.
>>
>> The problem is that the "Add favourite..." never becomes available.
>>
>> Is there somewhere I can report a bug? There doesn't appear to be
>> anywhere on github, as far as I can see.
>>

> This is where you report a bug. Unfortunately, without having a way to
> reproduce your bug, a report won't get you anywhere.

Ok. I purged pgadmin, located any remaining files and directories
containing the string pgadmin, and reinstalled pgadmin.

I added a server, opened a database, and opened the query tool. This
opened a modal window that says, "Failed to read favourites file!".

So, I opened Options, navigated to Query Tool/Favourites, which has the
entry: "/home/marc/.pgadminfavourites"

Sure enough, this files doesn't exist. So, I did:$ touch /home/marc/.pgadminfavourites$ chmod 664
/home/marc/.pgadminfavourites

Then I restarted pgadmin.

Following the same steps as above, the same modal window with the same
message appears: "Failed to read favourites file!".

Clearly, the file now exists. Indeed, Options/Query Tool/Favourites has
it selected.

In addition, in ~/.pgadmin3, this line appears:
 FavouritesFile=/home/marc/.pgadminfavourites

Here are the pgadmin config files thus far:

$ ls -la .pgadmin*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 marc marc 5485 Jun 19 10:27 .pgadmin3
-rw-rw-r-- 1 marc marc    0 Jun 19 10:26 .pgadminfavourites
-rw-rw-r-- 1 marc marc  117 Jun 19 10:14 .pgadmin_histoqueries

Any ideas? Thanks.

--
Best,
Marc