Re: Can't increase shared_buffers for PostgreSQL on openSUSE 12.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Can't increase shared_buffers for PostgreSQL on openSUSE 12.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/14/2013 01:47 PM, Andreas wrote:

> Am 14.06.2013 20:55, schrieb Peter Geoghegan:
>> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> How can I get more memory for PG on openSUSE 12.3 ?
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/kernel-resources.html
>>

> OK I think that did it   :)
>
> I'm just wondering what point it could be to set the default limits so
> low in the first place as plenty of memory is so common these days.

The type of shared memory postgresql uses is rarely used by other
systems. However, as I recall 9.3 resolves the shmmax issue as a whole
so it won't be a problem.

jD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579