Re: ADO-Error when inserting row with text column with large text - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Josef Springer
Subject Re: ADO-Error when inserting row with text column with large text
Date
List pgsql-odbc
time.But i must work the ODBC-Insert quickly.<br /> Because inserting the row with the lage text column works in
pgAdminIII, may be the ODBC-driver is the reason. Can i update the ODBC-Driver only to make it work ?<br /><br />
cite="mid:51BACCEF.9010103@vmware.com"type="cite">On 14.06.2013 10:00, Josef Springer wrote: <br /><blockquote
/></blockquote><br/> You seriously need to upgrade. PostgreSQL 8.2.5 was released in 2007, and is no longer supported
bythe community. That ODBC version is really old as well. There has been a lot of bug fixes and improvements in both
theserver and the driver since. <br /><br /> I'd recommend upgrading the server immediately to the last 8.2 release,
8.2.23,as that only requires replacing the binaries. Then start planning for a major version upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.2.
knowif it will help with your problem, but since you should upgrade anyway, it's worth doing that first, and see if it