Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/28/2013 08:36 AM, Hannu Krosing wrote:

>> The conversation does not change.
>>
>> Further, we are not Firefox. We are not user software. We are
>> developer software.
> At least some of the real-world problems with PostgreSQL
> comes from "We are developer software" mentality.
>
> Yes, We are developer software, but we are also a
> DBA/maintainer/infrastructure  manager

I would not hire any of those three that weren't smart enough to
understand our versioning scheme or had the wits to open a web browser
and google:

PostgreSQL versioning

The answer is link #1 on Google.

That said, I won't raise a stink. I am not really of a strong opinion
either way except to say we are not solving a problem. We are just
tickling each other's fancies.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579