Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Remove dialogue "Apply" buttons? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michal Kozusznik
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Remove dialogue "Apply" buttons?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 18.5.2013 15:26, Dave Page wrote:

> As we have so few of these buttons and they're there primarily to
> support a working practice that we discourage anyway, I'd like to
> simply remove them so we can avoid the fragile and messy code changes
> needed to make them work reliably.
>
> I propose to do this both for 1.18.x *and* 1.16.2+
>
> Comments/objections please?

Do I understand correctly, you are talking about Apply button available
in function edit window?
If yes, how do you suppose to work, editing function content without
Apply button? Using OK button only? but OK button closes window, so
making multiple changes needs to reopen this windows again and again. If
I'm right, then drop editing function content at at all. Seems to be
useless then.

> Well, no it's not - that's the point. There is very high risk that
> fixing the bugs will cause even more things to break, and frankly I'm
> not prepared to spend any more time fixing them. My beermat
> calculation tells me we've already spent at least 2 man-weeks in this
> cycle alone, trying to fix issues caused by these buttons.

I'm aghast about the source code quality. Fixing Apply buttons took 2
man-weeks?
Let's take it half-seriously: maybe it's not bad idea to drop pgadmin
developement at all ;-) At least consider to rewrite it from screatch.

With regards