Re: Problem with special characters in password when using SQLDriverConnect - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jan-Peter Seifert
Subject Re: Problem with special characters in password when using SQLDriverConnect
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

Am 16.05.2013 16:58, schrieb Hiroshi Inoue:

> The driver can't distinguish the first '}' from the terminating bracket.
> Please look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130822.aspx .

thank you very much for the link!
We weren't sure whether always enclosing the password in curly braces
would be okay. We'll do so in the future then.

So I guess the hex encoding was the password patch in v09.00.0100.

We switched from v08.04.0200 so I guess it really was just a coincidence
that other new characters caused the same problem when switching to
Unicode 'later on'.

Thank you very much and sorry for the confusion!

Best regards,

Peter