Re: Streaming replication and partitions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Streaming replication and partitions
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 05/16/2013 01:36 PM, Victor Tan wrote:
> I am basically familiar with postgreSQL (in older incarnations) but have
> not really done a streaming replication (WAL) setup before.
>
> In planning for my setup, I am going to use table partitioning and
> tablespaces to keep things as quick as "possible".  However, in a
> streaming replication environment, will the slave and the master have to
> be _exactly_ the same in terms of tablespaces?  Is it possible some
> TBSPACE01 on the master be on /sda1 and the same TBSPACE01 on the slave
> be on /sdb1?

Yes, as long as sdb1 points to the same directory that sda1 on the other
server points to.

> Will I have to set up identical hardware and identical drives and
> directory structure between the master and slave?

Only in the sense of the database directories, tablespaces are directory
specific.

JD

> Thanks.
>
> - Victor Tan

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579