Re: pginstaller-devel mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: pginstaller-devel mailing list
Date
List pgsql-www
On 05/16/2013 11:21 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> from what I can tell, and I am by no means a mailman expert, there is no
> way of disabling a list without totally removing it … the closest you
> can get is to login as the list admin (in this case, its listed as being
> Magnus), and do:
>
>   * Privacy Options
>       o Advertised -> No
>       o Subscribe Policy -> Confirm and approve
>       o Private Roster -> List admin only
>       o Sender Filters
>           + Default Member Moderation -> Yes
>           + Member Moderation Action -> Discard
>           + Generic Nonmember Action -> Discard
>

>  From what I'm able to determine, this will close down the list so that
> nobody can subscribe, or post, to it, but leave the archives available …

You can just comment out the /etc/aliases entries for the list. That
will leave things like archives in place but will stop any and all
communication from and to the list.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579