Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/14/2013 03:30 AM, sumita wrote:
> I put the log_statement to 'all'  and log_connections  too.
> I get below
> May 14 09:18:45 LOG:  execute <unnamed>: SELECT gid FROM pg_prepared_xacts
> May 14 09:18:45 LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=55618
> May 14 09:18:45 LOG:  connection authorized: user=postgres
> database=a/system_data
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> May 14 09:18:45 FATAL:  database "a/system_data" does not exist
>

> Do you think defining search_path for postgres user role do the trick.
> Will search_path lead to any other issue?

I don't think this has anything to do with search_path. search_path is
used to find schema within a database. The error is reporting that it
cannot even find the database.
So:

1) Do you actually have a database named a/system_data?

2) In order for me to create such a name I had to quote it:
test=# create database a/system_data;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "/"
LINE 1: create database a/system_data;
                          ^
test=# create database "a/system_data";
CREATE DATABASE

Are you sure that when it was quoted there was not an empty space put in?
or
That when it was created there was mixed case involved?
 From psql do \l to get a listing of the databases.