Re: Assertion failure at standby promotion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Assertion failure at standby promotion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05.05.2013 12:13, Amit Langote wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I  tried reproducing the scenario. Note that I did not archive xlogs
> (that is, archive_command = '/bin/true' and corresponding
> restore_command = '/bin/false'). I performed the steps you mentioned
> and could find following:
> [snip]
>>> [Standby-2]FATAL:  could not receive data from WAL stream: ERROR:  server switched off timeline 1 at 0/3510B14, but
walsenderalready streamed up to 0/3512000

> Is this related to the assertion failure that you have reported?

Yep, same issue. If you compile with assertions disabled, you get that
error instead of the assertion. They both check for the same thing, it
was an oversight to have both.

- Heikki