Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Paul Waring
Subject Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 26/04/13 13:06, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> As far as I can tell from examining the headers, it looks like an expiry
>> date/time is set for the login cookie, but then it is never updated. If this
>> is the case, then eventually the expiry date will pass and the browser will
>> delete the cookie, even if you have been regularly accessing the wiki.
>>
>> Another possibility is that the cronjob which auto-removes session files
>> (assuming files are being used) is set to the default of 24 minutes - which
>> will remove your session after that time regardless of what the cookie's
>> expiry date is set to.
>
> We do have session.gc_maxlifetime set to 1440 which is the 24 minutes
> you're referring to? So maybe this is the parameter we need to
> (drastically) increase?

Assuming session data is being stored in files (you can check that with
session.save_handler), then you might want to increase
session.gc_maxlifetime.

The cleanup cronjob runs at 9 and 39 minutes past the hour by default,
so a session file might be deleted 24-54 minutes since it was last modified.

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com