Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Paul Waring
Subject Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 26/04/13 12:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> WWW,
>>
>> wiki.postgresql.org is auto-logging me out after an hour, or less.  This
>> is irritating when I'm editing a really long wiki page.  Could we please
>> set it to something like 8 hours?
>
> AFAICT, this is controlled by the PHP variable session.cache_expire,
> which is set to 3 hours already. are you really editing the same page
> longer than 3 hours and thus getting kicked off, or may there be
> something else at play?

Despite its name, session.cache_expire does not affect the expiry of
sessions or the cookies associated with them.

As far as I can tell from examining the headers, it looks like an expiry
date/time is set for the login cookie, but then it is never updated. If
this is the case, then eventually the expiry date will pass and the
browser will delete the cookie, even if you have been regularly
accessing the wiki.

Another possibility is that the cronjob which auto-removes session files
(assuming files are being used) is set to the default of 24 minutes -
which will remove your session after that time regardless of what the
cookie's expiry date is set to.

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com