Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/08/2013 11:49 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Josh - I think your points are valid concerning the vetting of who would
> be included in early releases.  I believe the best way to address who
> would be on that list is having a committee to vet those applications -
> I believe that is similar to how other OSS communities handle it.  I do
> not think the amount of submissions for requesting early access would be
> so great that we would need a full-time team to maintain it, and I think
> most of us have a good idea already about which types of organizations
> truly would need an early access release.
>
> With that said, if there are no overwhelming objections over the next 36
> hours, I can submit a patch to our security policy on the website using
> the language that is in the wiki above.

Since it is -core that primarily decides when things will be released,
it seems that we would need their approval for this policy?

Joshua D. Drake

> Jonathan

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579