Re: Psycopg 2.5 released - Mailing list psycopg

From Julian
Subject Re: Psycopg 2.5 released
Date
List psycopg
On 08/04/13 09:47, Julian wrote:
> Thanks for the great work!
> On 08/04/13 05:16, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
>> We are happy to announce the release 2.5 of Psycopg. For a detailed list
>> of the release highlights please check the article at
>> <http://initd.org/psycopg/articles/2013/04/07/psycopg-25-released/>.

Hi,
Just an observation on your sites release notes:

"when the connection block exits normally the current transaction is
committed, if it exits with an exception instead the transaction is
rolled back, *in either case the connection is closed*."

Its not what I prefer, I went and checked anyway and it appears it
doesn't (close the connection for either commit or rollback).
Unless I've missed something.

Perhaps a last_state attribute with 'commit' or 'rollback'? (I have no
faith).

Anyhow, something to play *with*. :)

Thanks.

Jules.