PostgreSQL Backup Booklet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject PostgreSQL Backup Booklet
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Backup Booklet
Re: PostgreSQL Backup Booklet
List pgsql-general
Hey!

So, Packt approached me a few months ago and asked me to put together a
very basic series of short step-by-step instructions on backing up
PostgreSQL. The title is "Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to."

I tried to cover all of the basic approaches used by most admins, and I
tested it on a guy at work who's a SQL Server DBA but recently took over
care and feeding of a PG database. He said it was easier to understand
than the documentation, at least for just getting everything working and
sorting out more advanced details later.

I know it's not exactly Greg Smith's performance book, but I'm glad to
contribute how I can. I'm not entirely sure it's worth adding to the
book page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/

But if it is, I'll provide any help or extra information necessary. If
anyone has questions, I'm here to answer them. :)

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870