From Andreas Neumann
Subject Loading Data-Types takes quite long
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi PgAdmin developers,

I have a question concerning the data-type loading when creating a new
table and adding new columns. On my client-server system it takes quite
long to bring up the "New Column" dialogue.

My guess is that it looks for new data types (e.g. enums, domains,
self-created datatypes, etc.) everytime I bring up this dialogue. On my
setup this can take 10-12 seconds. If I add, say 10-20 new columns this
can be annoying.

Wouldn't it be possible to cache the datatypes pgadmin found instead of
looking for new data types for each new column? Maybe only look for new
types when the new table dialogue comes up - or adding a button to search
for new data types?

What do you think?

Andreas

--