Re: machine-parseable object descriptions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: machine-parseable object descriptions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013.03.18 1:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> For Dimitri's patch to add support for dropped objects in event
> triggers, there's an open question about how to report objects that are
> being dropped in a tabular format.

Now that JSON is a built-in type with 9.2+, could we not perhaps use that to
represent some things in a more natural manner than a tabular format?  JSON is
designed to be machine-parseable, and some objects such as routine definitions
are naturally trees of arbitrary depth. -- Darren Duncan