RE: too many clients - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Bucanac
Subject RE: too many clients
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Use the -N flag to set number of client connections when starting
postmaster. See manual page for postmaster.

/Buckis

-----Original Message-----
From: jochen mader [mailto:jochen@teg-me.de]
Sent: den 8 juni 2001 13:53
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] too many clients

First: Thanks to the postgresteam for the fine work. In our corporation
postgres has replaced adabas 11 and is doing a real good job.

Second: At the moment I've got the following poblem:
Form time to time (at the moment it's happening more and more often) I'me
getting the following errormessage: Sorry, too man clients already connected
Is it possible to increase the maximum number of simultanous connections?
If not is there any way to say that one database is allowed to get more
connections than another?

Thanks in advance
jochen

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster