Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/5/13 9:07 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> In v11 patch, I have changed name of directory to config.
> For file name, currently I have not changed, but if you feel it needs to be
> changed, kindly suggest any one of above or if any other better you have in
> mind.

This seems fine for now.  Hashing out exactly which name is best is not
going to be the thing that determines whether this can be committed or not.

Your v11 applies cleanly for me too, and the code does look a lot nicer.  The code diff itself is down to 1300 lines
andnot nearly as

disruptive, the rest is docs or the many regression tests you've added.  That's still not the sort of small change Tom
washoping this was

possible, but it's closer to the right range.  It may not really be
possible to make this much smaller.

I'm out of time for today, but I'll try to do some functional review
work on this tomorrow if no one beats me to it.  I would find it very
useful to me personally if this feature were committed, and we know
there's plenty of user demand for it too.