Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joseph Pravato
Subject Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 3/1/2013 2:14 AM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Joseph Pravato, 28.02.2013 23:50:
>> That's sad to hear, unfortunately if that is the case we're probably
>> going to have to do what you
>> recommended by switching applications or adding save points in by hand.
>
> I answered a similar question of yours on the novice list (regarding
> the VACUUM/autocommit problem)
>
> For my SQL tool (SQL Workbench/J) each statement that is run
> interactively is guarded with a savepoint. Upon an error, the tool
> automatically rolls back to the savepoint, leaving the transaction
> "intact" and letting you continue without the manual need to rollback
> (possibly losing changes you did before that).
>
> If you want to look at it, it's here: http://www.sql-workbench.net
>
> Regards
> Thomas
I apologize for the confusion, we ended up moving our question regarding
this transaction issue out of the pgsql-novice thread since this was a
separate issue. In the process we forgot to respond to you and I would
like to apologize, we are actually in the process of looking over your
tool now as well as looking into save points.

We appreciate your assistance!