Re: The case for version number inflation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: The case for version number inflation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 02/28/2013 08:53 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Gavin Flower
> <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> I hate the Firefox versioning system that they currently use!
>
> Yeah, I've heard loads of complaints about that.
>
>> Try educating Amazon.  You _DO_ have a baseball bat?
>
> I know where you can get one...

To be honest, this is a non problem. As has been said a millions times
before, we will never make everyone happy. If we start inflating our
numbers, they numbers start to mean less.

Consider that Oracle, is only at 11.

Microsoft uses years to represent their product.

Informix doesn't appear to use any numbers anymore opting for Ultimate
Warehouse Edition and "Choice" edition

We aren't a marketing team. Best we can do is educate and let those who
don't bother to be educated, stay ignorant.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579