support a major PostgreSQL app - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject support a major PostgreSQL app
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi folks,

Appealing to the community for a little help here.  The xTuple PostBooks software - a leading open source accounting, CRM, and ERP solution that's built entirely on top of the PostgreSQL database - has been nominated to be the Sourceforge Project of the Month.  Voting is open for another week or so.

We've had a nice outpouring of support from the community, in numbers that would usually be enough to win the honor.  But we're getting a stiff challenge from a racing game, of all things.  Now, I like a good Mario Kart knockoff as much as the next guy, but it would be nice to see a real business application, built with the world's most advanced open source database, get a little community recognition too....

I know Sourceforge has wrestled with all kinds of ballot-stuffing over the years with these things, and probably still are.  The catch with the current voting is you need to use a Twitter account.  So if you've got one, or don't mind creating one real quick, please help us out and head over to http://bit.ly/WZ0Zz and vote for xTuple PostBooks!

(If you want to follow @xTuple on Twitter after you set up that account, we wouldn't mind that either!)

If you haven't checked us out for a while, download the new version 4.0.  The Qt-based Desktop client is still going strong ... and we've recently introduced a new Mobile Web client built with the Enyo HTML5 framework and Node.js.  Both clients are completely interoperable with the same PostgreSQL backend (we've actually increased our use of PostgreSQL with an ORM built in the db with PLV8 - see more at http://www.xtuple.org/blog/jrogelstad/javascript-javascript-js-all-way)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw us a vote!  That URL again is http://bit.ly/WZ0Zz ...

Cheers,
Ned