Re: ports/174020: initdb will not run on a mounted FS with a snapshot directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Allen Landsidel
Subject Re: ports/174020: initdb will not run on a mounted FS with a snapshot directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Forgive the top-reply.

After reading the discussion, I'm in favor of the "philosophically
correct" approach rather than the usually-technically-correct approach.
That is, display the warning, but let the sysadmin/dba do what they
need/want to do and trust that, most of the time, they know what they're
doing.

As the most interesting man might say, I don't always have PGDATA as a
mount point for another filesystem, but when I do...