Re: COPY table to file missing quotation marks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: COPY table to file missing quotation marks
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/31/2013 09:03 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Steve Crawford wrote:
>
>> Definition of the CSV Format:
>>
>> While there are various specifications and implementations for the CSV
>> format...there is no formal specification in existence, which allows
>> for a
>> wide variety of interpretations of CSV files.
>
> Steve,
>
>   It's been this way since the early 1980s.

I know. I just find it an amusing contrast to the usual liberal
sprinkling of SHALL, MUST, SHOULD, ... that pepper most RFCs. And I've
encountered too many people who believed there actually *was* a solid
definition.

Cheers,
Steve