Re: Dump public schema ownership & seclabels - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: Dump public schema ownership & seclabels
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/17/21 10:41 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 02:05:43PM +0100, Vik Fearing wrote:
>>>
>>> This is defective; it fails to reproduce nspacl after "ALTER SCHEMA public
>>> OWNER TO pg_write_server_files; REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM
>>> pg_write_server_files;".  I will try again later.
>>
>> Could I ask you to also include COMMENTs when you try again, please?
>
> That may work.  I had not expected to hear of a person changing the comment on
> schema public.  To what do you change it?

It was a while ago and I don't remember because it didn't appear in the
dump so I stopped doing it. :(

Mine was an actual comment, but there are some tools out there that
(ab)use COMMENTs as crude metadata for what they do.  For example:
https://postgresql-anonymizer.readthedocs.io/en/stable/declare_masking_rules/#declaring-rules-with-comments
--
Vik Fearing