Re: Databse installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bhushan Verma
Subject Re: Databse installation problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
There was  a problem related to server its picking the old server executable ie /usr/bin/postgres
this is returning the version 8.3.1  therefore I am giving my postgres path now its showing correct version.

Who is installed this /usr/bin/postgres executable?

I have one more problem:
I have installed the postgres 8.3.7 on Fedora 9 machine
using  PostgreSQL Installation Instructions.

./configure --prefix /var/lib/pgsql

My question is that everything is fine but its not showing the directory
/usr/include/pgsql that contains the server and headers file etc.
This directoy is required to build any user application using the postgres.

Am I missing something?

One more question is there any RPM available for postgres 8.3.7.
I tried to search on postgres site but its not available for 8.3.7.

On 9/21/09, Tim Bowden <tim.bowden@westnet.com.au> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 19:14 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:

> see postgresql-8.4.1/contrib/start-scripts/linux

Um, maybe try postgresql-8.3.7 src instead...  Got that path from the
latest postgresql in my src dir :o

Tim Bowden