Re: pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/11/2013 09:31 PM, pasilveira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm forced to log into a server via SSH and the ubuntu user via ssh keys.
> The ubuntu Postgres OS user has no password by default.  When I log in via
> ssh, I log in via the ubuntu user, and then "sudo su - postgres" to then be
> able to execute "psql" to enter into postgres.  This all works fine.
>
> When I try to connect via PGAdmin3, I setup a tunnel forwarding a port to
> the ubuntu servers postgres port and try to connect that way.  This fails
> beause I'm connecting in via the ubuntu user and not the postgres user
> directly.

What exactly is the error?
Seems you may not have pg_hba.conf set up to allow access for the ubuntu
user.

  I've even tried adding the sudo su - postgres to the "Remote
> Command" options in putty under connection --> SSH and although it does turn
> my user into the postgres OS user, pgadmin will still not connect via that
> tunnel.
>
> Any ideas on what my options are?

Set  up SSL connections for the Postgres server?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/ssl-tcp.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com