Re: pgbench help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Georges Racinet
Subject Re: pgbench help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/24/2012 12:32 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/24/2012 2:43 AM, Georges Racinet wrote:
>> Make sure both servers aren't running at the same time
>
> why? its perfectly OK to ahve severla postgres servers running at
> once, as long as they are on different port numbers.   I generally use
> 5432, 5433, 5434, etc for this.   mostly for development, or for
> migration, not so much on a production system where performance is
> important.

You're perfectly right. I'm used to have several clusters on the same
host (application testing in my case).
In this benchmark context, though, I just was being wary that they may
interfere, For instance, I suppose that an autovacuum wakeup in one
should lower performance results of the other.

Sorry it that sounded more general than that.