Re: Any experience with Drobo SAN and PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Any experience with Drobo SAN and PG?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/20/2012 5:56 AM, Vick Khera wrote:

> I'm interested to know how heavy ZFS usage holds up with only 8GB of
> kernel memory.  Is FreeNAS up to kernel 9.x yet? I haven't followed
> FreeNAS for a while.  My smallest RAM machine with ZFS has 16GB....
> and I am *loving* it. I wish it was easier to make it the boot default
> file system too!

its currently FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p4, and my home (1-2 desktops, 2-3
laptops, a tablet and a couple android phones, and a A/V system playing
video) hardly counts as heavy use.   there's rarely more than a couple
files being read/written at the same time.