Re: How to startup the database server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Kesten
Subject Re: How to startup the database server?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jason,

sounds a bit weird. Can you check which user the database files belong
to? A 'ls -lah /var/lib/pgsql' should do the job. Then switch from root
user to the postgresql user and try to start the cluster manually with
the command line from below (put from your message):

/usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

That sould start your instance in foreground so you should see any
errors and messages during startup.

One more thing: is SELinux enabled?

Hope that helps :-)
Jan