Re: Installation Issue on Ubuntu under Xen - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Installation Issue on Ubuntu under Xen
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/09/2012 02:40 AM, P. Broennimann wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have a VM running under XEN XCP. The VM is Ubuntu server 12.04.1/64
> headless.
>
> The VM is completely fresh & clean and works fine. Then I install
> Postgresql...
>
>     sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql
>     sudo apt-get update
>     sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.2
>

> ...what works well. But when I reboot I see/get the following error:
>

>     * Starting load fallback graphics devices  [fail]
>

> Postgresql seems to work fine but anyone knows what is this error all
> about? I never saw such a thing under my old Ubuntu 10.04 VM!?

Seems Ubuntu boot behavior changed 11.04+. Best guess is it is just
telling you what you already know, the VM does not have a video driver.

See here for more detail:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BootGraphicsArchitecture

--
Adrian Klaver