Re: Enabling Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Enabling Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/12 6:59 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I haven't followed this too closely, but I did wonder several days ago
> why this wasn't being made an initdb-time decision.

One problem I see with this is that it would make regression testing
much more cumbersome.  Basically, to do a proper job, you'd have to run
all the tests twice, once against each initdb setting.  Either we
automate this, which would mean everyone's tests are now running almost
twice as long, or we don't, which would mean that some critical piece of
low-level code would likely not get wide testing.