Re: Fix errcontext() function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Fix errcontext() function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08.11.2012 07:59, Chen Huajun wrote:
> I am sending patch for errcontext() function.
>
> I use procedural languages to do some operation, but when error occurs
> ,the CONTEXT error messages from procedural languages doesn't display in
> local language.
>
> for example:
> postgres=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION logfunc3 (logtxt text) RETURNS
> timestamp AS $$
> postgres$# BEGIN
> postgres$# select * from db;
> postgres$# RETURN 'now';
> postgres$# END;
> postgres$# $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
> CREATE FUNCTION
> postgres=# select logfunc3('test');
> ERROR: リレーション"db"は存在しません
> 行 1: select * from db
> QUERY: select * from db
> CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "logfunc3" line 3 at SQL ステートメント
> but,“CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL 関数 "logfunc3" の 3 行目の型 SQL ステートメント” is my expected.
>
> There is the same problem in pl/perl and pl/python .
>
> After checking and debuging the source code ,I found the reason.
>
> The reason is that domian setted is wrong. For PL/pgSQL, domain "pgsql" should be setted, but domain setted is
"postgres".

> So  I considered to fix the bug by updating errcontext() funtion.

Unfortunately not all compilers support varargs macros. I bumped into
this in February, see
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4F3B72E0.8040801@enterprisedb.com.
My last attempt to fix this was at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-04/msg00812.php. That
patch is probably good to go, I just got busy with other things and
forgot about it back then. Can you take a look at that patch and see if
I missed anything, please?

- Heikki