Re: Plug-pull testing worked, diskchecker.pl failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Boreham
Subject Re: Plug-pull testing worked, diskchecker.pl failed
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/7/2012 3:17 PM, Vick Khera wrote:
> My most recent big box(es) are built using all Intel 3xx series
> drives. Like you said, the 7xx series was way too expensive.

I have to raise my hand to say that for us 710 series drives are an
unbelievable bargain and we buy nothing else now for production servers.
When you compare vs the setup you'd need to achieve the same tps using
rotating media, and especially considering the power and cooling saved,
they're really cheap. YMMV of course..